To support the American Cancer Society through Out Shop Cancer, Wythburn Village has sponsored a new photo contest that is based around the region of Thirlmere to invite people to enjoy its incredible beauty.
The theme of the contest is “Solace“. There are two categories for the contest – With Avatar(s) and Without Avatar(s)
- First Place – L$10,000
- Second Place – L$5,000
- Third Place – L$3,000
Contest closes September 30th, 2021 at 11:59 pm SLT. Winners will be announced at a party at Thirlmere on Sunday, October 17th at 10am SLT.
How to Participate
- Join Artists For Life (SL group) for fee of L$500.
How to join Artists For Life group:
1. Copy this link: secondlife:///app/group/198da78e-b9a2-1f2a-1566-98baa8b57dd8/about
2. Paste it in local chat
3. Click on the link (group name) in local chat
4. Join group & pay L$500 fee
- Receive an official “OSC/ACS Solace Photo Contest Submission” Notecard. Change (your name here) to YOUR SL name in the title of the notecard in your inventory.
- Take photos all around the region of Thirlmere during September, 2021. You will be given an “Explore Thirlmere!” notecard with the highlights of the sim. You are encouraged to explore and may photograph anything at ground level.
- Submit your photo
* Turn in your official OSC/ACS Solace Photo Contest Entry notecard to Sethos Lionheart.
* Only ONE notecard per person allowed.
* Only ONE photo entry per notecard allowed.
* DEADLINE for photo submission is 11:59pm SLT, September 30, 2021.
Rules & Details
- All photo contest submissions must be taken at Thirlmere.
- By entering you agree that your attributed image may be used to promote OSC/ACS and Thirlmere.
- Your photo entry must be submitted full perm on this OSC/ACS Solace Photo Contest notecard. (ENTRY space below)
- You may process your photo outside of SL.
- Photo may be G, PG, or PG13. Full frontal nudity or other R or X rating photos will not be considered.
- All entries will be displayed at Wythburn Village, Thirlmere from October 1st through 31st, 2001.
– Entries will be attributed to the artist.
– Entries will contain a resizing script.
– Entries will be sold from 10/1/21 through 10/31/21 with all proceeds going to Strides.
- Your entry MUST be submitted on the official notecard, which may be obtained at the following Landmark : OCS/ACS Solace Photo Contest Booth
- ONE notecard per contestant.
- ONE image submitted on the notecard.
- ALL entries MUST BE A FULL PERM texture.
- All entries MUST be given to Sethos Lionheart.
- Winners will be selected by a judging panel selected by OSC/ACS and Thirlmere.
- Winners will be announced at a party at Thirlmere on Sunday, October 17 at 10 am SLT.
- Winners will be displayed on the OSC/ACS website.
Best of Luck to all Participants!