A new set of artists at La Maison d’Aneli present an engaging mix of RL and SL art along with a unique 3D installation to make your visit a most exciting one.
The display at La Maison d’Aneli is something anyone interested in art always looks forward to every month. Here, artists are truly given creative freedom to display their works as they please in their own individual “boxes” in the sky. The mix of different media like RL art, SL photography, sculptures and digital art ensures that visitors stay engaged and excited as the entire journey takes the form of an exciting roller-coaster ride while hopping from one box to another.
One can either choose to visit a particular box by sitting on the teleporter disk, or the more fun way is to hop from one box to the next by clicking on the “Next Artist” board in each box which takes you immediately to the next box in sequential order.
The display this month features a total of seven artists across all mediums – RL Art, SL photography, sculptures and digital art.
- Giovanna Cerise presents Doll’s House, which is a 3D artistic installation comprising of a number of sculptures which visitors can purchase.
- In a four-storied gallery, Marylooooe displays a series of her works inspired by a simple question from a friend – “Do you paint cows too?“
- A stunning display by Elodiecasa Dragovar features a wide variety of her RL artwork ranging from hard abstracts to the most realistic art.
- The digital art of Deyanira Yalin is stunning as ever and features vibrant colors; she stays true to her style in this exhibit, making viewers discover something unique in them that may or may not exist.
- Hailing from the Himalayan foothills in India, Neil (lo0ner01) combines abstract painting with birds, animals and insects from the natural world to create his works.
- The landscape photography of Mareea Farrasco uses pastel colors to develop various moods and feelings in the viewer.
- Fly Kugin’s presents a collection of simple landscape images which have a beautiful flow about them.
I am familiar with Mareea, Deyanira and Fly’s work, having seen their displays before as well, but the RL artists – Marylooooe, Elodie and Neil were completely new to me and surprised me pleasantly. In particular I enjoyed the diversity and wide variety in the artwork presented by Elodie in her display. Her abstracts, often featuring the blue color heavily, as well as the more realistic work she has displayed, including portraits of warriors in the Mursi tribe of Ethiopia, are just a pleasure to view and one can spend quite some time within her box, thoroughly enjoying each work of art.
Giovanna Cerise’s Doll’s House is perhaps the most immersive and uniquely designed box within the entire display. After viewing this installation, she invites you to leave a word which comes freely to your mind on a notecard which you can then put in the magnifying lens located next to the landing point. She explains that the words people put here will act as the starting point for the development of a multifaceted artistic project she has planned in the future. We are, of course, excited and curious about what she has planned, so the least you can do is support her by putting a word inside the lens.
All artists at La Maison d’Aneli shine in their own personal space, thereby taking us on a journey through different artistic media that celebrates the similarities and differences between each individual artist; a visit here should be the next thing on your to-do list!
TELEPORT TO EXHIBITION
- La Maison d’Aneli – Virtual Holland